> Key Programs - Helping Women Achieve Economic Security
Helping Women Achieve Economic Security
Microlending for Women in Ontario Program
Microlending for Women in Ontario helps low-income women start and build successful businesses.
Training Programs for Women
The Ontario Women’s Directorate funds programs that help women achieve economic security. These programs provide:
- pre-apprenticeship training in the skilled trades and training in Information Technology to low-income women
- employment training for women who have experienced or are at risk domestic violence
- leadership training for Aboriginal women.
Women’s Centres – Investing in Women’s Futures
Through the Investing in Women’s Futures program, the OWD supports initiatives in 25 women’s centres located in communities across Ontario. These initiatives prevent violence against women and promote women’s economic independence by helping women develop skills and abilities that will reduce their vulnerability to poverty and abuse. Services at the centres vary and include:
- Employment and entrepreneurial training and support
- Safety planning for women experiencing abuse
- Public education to prevent violence against women