Home > Ending Violence > Getting Help > I need counselling, health care, mental health or financial services

Are You in Danger?
Call 911 or your local police immediately.

Are You in Crisis?
Call the Assaulted Women's Helpline:
1-866-863-0511 (Toll Free) 1-866-863-7868 (TTY) 416-863-0511 (Toronto)

We care about your safety. Click on the "Safety Screen" option and a Google web page will replace this screen. You can return to this screen by using the “Back” button.

I need counselling, health care, mental health or financial services

Victim Crisis Assistance and Referral Services

This community response program provides immediate, on-site assistance to victims of crime 24x7. With a victim’s consent, police will arrange for program staff or specially trained volunteers to provide on-site, short-term assistance to victims, and make referrals to community agencies for long-term assistance.

Support Services for Male Survivors of Sexual Abuse

Male survivors of sexual abuse can access specialized services such as individual and group counselling, peer support, telephone and online counselling, and referrals to other community support services as appropriate.


For victims of domestic violence, sexual assault and stalking, the program offers intensive safety planning, information and referral to community services, follow-up contact and where appropriate 911-programmed cell phones.

Association of Ontario Health Centres

Health centres provide primary health care in the community. Get information on Community Health Centres, Aboriginal Health Access Centres and Community Family Health Teams.


Confidential health services information for mental health and addictions support, including for alcohol, gambling and drugs.

Ontario Women’s Justice Network

Get information on how the legal system works and where to get legal help, in a way that reflects the diverse experiences of women.

Family Service Ontario

Family service agencies offer specialized individual, couple, and family counselling, and help families cope with stress, unemployment and financial difficulties. Their services also include marriage preparation, retirement planning, parent-teen education, seniors' programs and intensive therapy for survivors of sexual abuse and family violence.

Where to find a Family Service Agency in Ontario

Association of Native Child and Family Services Agencies of Ontario

Suite 106 – 100 Anemki Drive
Thunder Bay, Ontario, P7J 1A5
Telephone: 807-625-0160

Jewish and Child Family Services (Toronto)

4600 Bathurst Street, 1st Floor
Toronto, ON M2R 3V3
Telephone: 416-638-7800

Muslim Family & Child Services of Ontario

305 Rusholme Road
Toronto, Ontario, M6H2Y9
Telephone: 416-910-1253

Partner Violence in Rainbow Communities

Get information on partner violence in the lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, transsexual, two-spirited, intersex, queer and questioning communities.

Victim Quick Response

Victim Quick Response provides eligible victims with immediate assistance for emergency expenses and counselling to provide short-term, early intervention support to help victims of serious crime. Victims of domestic violence, sexual assault or hate crimes may report the crime to a domestic violence shelter, Sexual Assault Centre, hospital or other community agency. Victims are not required to report the crime to the police to be eligible.

Criminal Injuries Compensation Board

The Criminal Injuries Compensation Board provides victims of violent crime with the financial means to overcome the hardship they experience as a result of their victimization. The Board assesses financial compensation for victims of violent crime, who qualify under the Compensation for Victims of Crime Act. A criminal conviction is not required to apply for compensation.