I want to settle in my community and get a job.
You can start to get settled by accessing:
Once you are ready to prepare to work in Ontario, you will need to know about:
If you are new to Ontario and want to work in your profession or trade, you will need to meet Ontario requirements:
- Internationally trained professionals in non-health regulated professions can get information and assistance from the Global Experience Ontario access centre.
- Internationally trained in health regulated professions can get information and assistance from the HealthForceOntario access centre.
- If you need to qualify to work in your profession or trade in this province, go the Ontario Bridge Training Program information on this site.
- If you are a foreign worker or international student who would like to live and work permanently in Ontario, you may qualify for the Ontario Immigrant Nominee Program (OINP), which allows the Ontario government to nominate individuals and their families for permanent resident status in Canada, based on a pre-approved job offer in Ontario.
It’s also a great idea to:
- Read or download Welcome to Ontario. This helpful booklet, available in 14 languages, provides a wealth of information on living and working in Ontario.
- Visit settlement.org and OntarioImmigration.ca. These websites can answer many of your questions about moving to Ontario and settling into your new home.