I want to settle in my community and get a job.
You can start to get settled by accessing:
Once you are ready to prepare to work in Ontario, you will need to know about:
If you are new to Ontario and want to work in your profession or trade, you will need to meet Ontario requirements:
- Internationally trained professionals in non-health regulated professions can get information and assistance from the Global Experience Ontario access centre.
- Internationally trained in health regulated professions can get information and assistance from the HealthForceOntario access centre.
- If you need to qualify to work in your profession or trade in this province, go the Ontario Bridge Training Program information on this site.
- If you are a foreign worker or international student who would like to live and work permanently in Ontario, you may qualify for the Opportunities Ontario: Provincial Nominee program, which allows the Ontario government to nominate individuals and their families for permanent resident status in Canada, based on a pre-approved job offer in Ontario.
It’s also a great idea to:
- Read or download Welcome to Ontario. This helpful booklet, available in 14 languages, provides a wealth of information on living and working in Ontario.
- Visit settlement.org and OntarioImmigration.ca. These websites can answer many of your questions about moving to Ontario and settling into your new home.