Expert Roundtable on Immigration
Expanding our Routes to Success: The Final Report by Ontario's Expert Roundtable on Immigration
To help build a stronger economy, Ontario will develop its first-ever immigration strategy.
A new expert roundtable, led by Julia Deans, will help develop the strategy and examine ways that immigration can best support Ontario’s economic development and help new Ontarians find jobs.
The roundtable consists of business people, employers, academics and other experts on immigration and labour market needs.
Members of the Expert Roundtable on Immigration are:
- Julia Deans (Chair) – past CEO of Greater Toronto CivicAction Alliance
- Craig Alexander - Senior Vice President & Chief Economist, TD Bank Group
- Steve Arnold - Warden, Lambton County
- Charles Beach - Professor, Queens University
- Catherine Chandler-Crichlow - Executive Director, Centre of Excellence in Financial Services Education, Toronto Financial Services Alliance
- Debbie Douglas - Executive Director, Ontario Council of Agencies Serving Immigrants
- Karna Gupta - President and CEO, Information Technology Association of Canada
- Phillip Kelly - Associate Professor, York University
- Rayudu Koka - Medical Director, Mental Health and Addictions Program, Hôpital régional de Sudbury Regional Hospital.
- Gus Kotsiomitis - Vice President, Commercial Financial Services, RBC
- Allan O’Dette - President and CEO, Ontario Chamber of Commerce
- Ratna Omidvar – President, Maytree Foundation
- Léonie Tchatat - Executive Director, La Passerelle - Intégration et Développement Économiques (The Gateway - Integration and Economic Development).
Ontario Developing ‘First-ever’ Immigration Strategy
News release: March 2, 2012